The lawyers of Holla legal & tax feel at home in health care. We have many years of experience in the sector, and we speak the language of care providers. This enables us to guide you effectively in any health-related matter.
Our team of health care specialists advises and litigates on specific health law issues. Our clients include hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare institutions and care providers. We are, among others, active in medical-specialist care, mental health care, nursing home care, disability care, ambulance care, social support, and youth care.
Our health lawyers advise and assist in the following areas and more:
- Patient Rights (Medical Treatment Agreement Act, Dutch: WGBO)
- Quality in health care, complaints, and disputes
- Medical disciplinary law (Individual Healthcare Professions Act, Dutch: BIG) and disciplinary law associations
- Compulsory Mental Healthcare Act (Dutch: Wvggz) Care and Compulsion Act (Dutch: Wzd)
- Supervision and enforcement by, among others, the Health and Youth Care Inspectorate and the Dutch Healthcare Authority
- Partnerships in health care and related contracts
- Disputes within or with MSB (Medical Specialist Centre), the medical partnership or corporation, including dysfunctioning matters
- Education and registration issues (Individual Healthcare Professions Act, Dutch: BIG)
- Funding and tariff regulation
- Social health care insurance law and long-term care
- The social domain (Social Support Act, Dutch: Wmo and the Dutch Youth Act)
- Privacy legislation (GDPR, the Dutch Wabvpz Act and the proposed Dutch Wegiz Act).
- Governance issues, such as participation in health care institutions, (positioning of) client boards and health care partnerships in general
An all-round law firm
Legal advice in health care often touches on other areas of law. At Holla legal & tax we have one or more health care specialists in every practice group, which enables us to give full-service advice in any health care matter. Our health lawyers often work with their colleagues in employment law, corporate law, procurement law, competition law, tax law, criminal law and privacy law. We can assure you that for any case we have the necessary knowledge and experience in house.